Impress Your Wife (and Kids) With This Easy To Make Non-Sweet Chicken Recipe
Since my wife was pregnant with the twins I pretty much took over the cooking in our home. I started with simple recipes and slowly worked my way up to more complex ones. I enjoyed it so much that my wife barely makes dinner.
Here is a relatively simple and fast recipe that you husbands (and wives?) can make to impress your wife and kids.
What you’ll need:
- An Oven
- Chicken thighs, legs (Calculate about two chicken thighs per person or one chick thigh and two legs. If you eat like me then you’ll need to add four more thighs)
- Rectangular tin or Pyrex dish (it really doesn’t matter what you use as long as it is oven safe. Just make sure its big enough to hold the amount of chicken you want to bake.)
- Spices: Paprika, pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder
- Place chicken thighs and legs in cooking tray or dish
- Sprinkle with spices
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius.
Eat it up. Yum!
Important Notes for absolute beginners:
1. Make sure you know how to set the oven timer so that you don’t end up with overcooked dried out chicken
2. If your oven has different cooking settings, make sure its on “Bake” mode and not on Broil mode.
3. When the chicken is done take it out of the oven (with an oven mitt). Yes this may sound obvious but newbies tend to not be aware of the obvious (“Well how the heck was I supposed to know that I should take it out of the oven.”). If the oven is off and you know that you will be eating dinner very soon then you could leave it in there to stay warm for no more than 15-20 minutes.
Popularity: 4% [?]